Writing Lesson of the Month Network

...sharing thoughtful, mentor text-inspired lessons your students will love!

When posting, be sure to let us know which lesson you used when designing your own graphic organizer for it.

Original graphic organizers only.  None scanned from copyrighted materials.

To post, click on " " (which should be just under this message) and add your graphic organizer to the "Reply box" as an attachment.

If we like your graphic organizer a lot, we might just post it directly at WritingFix.  If we do that, we will contact you and send you a complimentary Print Guide from the wonderful Northern Nevada Writing Project.

Views: 5513

Replies to This Discussion

An adapted graphic organizer for WritingFix's Hoots and Howls Halloween Poetry Lesson.

This is the organizer I use for the students to build vocabulary showing a "scary night" without using those words.
Ghost Hour Spook Hour by Eve Bunting is another wonderful book to use.
Attachments:
This is the graphic organizer I created for the October Lesson of the Month -- description of bedroom.
Attachments:
Any desire for notebook file uploads that match the posted lessons of the month?
Each current lesson comes with a teacher model of that, Sandie. If you have student samples, please Post them...
This is the graphic organizer I developed for writing a conclusion to the "Three-Meal Weather" lesson based on Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs.
Attachments:
I used this graphic organizer with Only a Witch can Fly.  We watched the story on Tumblebooks and then discussed activities that only a ________ could  _________.  They came up with amazing stories like "Only a wizard can do magic...."  "Only a dragon can breathe fire...."  etc.
Attachments:
Rules and Things for a Funner Life
From Ch. 2 of Bud, Not Buddy by Christopher Paul Curtis

Graphic Organizer focusing on Expanding a Moment and Using Literary Devices

JoAnne McGill said:
Rules and Things for a Funner Life
From Ch. 2 of Bud, Not Buddy by Christopher Paul Curtis

Graphic Organizer focusing on Expanding a Moment and Using Literary Devices
Attachments:

To hook our boys and other hungry writers, we pass out a triple stuffed Oreo and plan expository writing with this memorable graphic organizer.  Authors stuff paragraphs with interesting facts and pertinent information to support the cookies in our writing!

Attachments:

I'm playing around with ways to keep track of formative assessments while transitioning to the Common Core Standards.  This is my rough draft, and I'd like some feedback.  I'm thinking I will type student names - make copies - and keep in  a binder.  The opposite (or facing) page will be blank to add post-it notes resulting from conferring or observations.  

Attachments:

RSS

Badge

Loading…

© 2017   Created by Corbett Harrison.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service