Writing Lesson of the Month Network

...sharing thoughtful, mentor text-inspired lessons your students will love!

If you've used our "Genres & Topics I Can Write About This Year" writing prompt at the WritingFix Website-- (mentor text = Written Anything Good Lately? by Susan Allen and Jane Lindaman)

Click here to access this freely shared writing lesson! 

--and you have one, two or three polished student samples to share with us, you can post them by copying and pasting them from your computer into our "Reply to This" box below; you may also add samples by adding them as uploaded attachments (like Word documents or digital photos) to the box below.  If you do not see the "Reply to this" box below, simply click on the "+Join Online Student Publishing" link near the upper-right-hand corner of this page.  Once clicked, you should see the box below where you can post and share.

Very Important:  Please only share your students' first names and grade level with us when you post.  Do not post last names or school names, or the posts will be deleted. 

Help us celebrate your writers by motivating them with the possibility of having their work seen by the hundreds of teachers (and their thousands of students) who access these lessons every month!

--Corbett Harrison, WritingFix Webmaster

Views: 5342

Replies to This Discussion

An enjoyable activity for my students! They couldn't wait to get started on their Alpha-Topics notebook page.  I changed from genre to topics for now.  I think I will do one with genres later in the year.

by Darius

by Kayla

It is great to see my students (ALL of them) excited about using their Writing Notebooks and the Alpha Boxes. Here are some examples from our 6th grade class.

Rebecca

Paulina

Ursula, a fifth grade teacher, sent the following examples (Wow!) from her classroom.  Thanks...

You mentioned you'd like to see some teacher pages....so, this is my own "teacher model."  I ordered the mentor text and am planning to use this idea at the start of the school year.  Thank you for the great idea.

Attachments:

I told my student that I wish I had her artistic talents! 

This is the second year I have done this lesson with my fifth graders and I am pleased to say that the results keep getting better!  My students couldn't wait to share their final two-page spreads.  Take a peek at a few examples from our class:

by Giola

by CJ

by Danielle

This lesson once again created such enthusiasm for writing in my fifth grade classroom!  We had many great notebook entries.  I've included a few stellar examples:

by Ellie

by Victoria

by Riya

My 6th grade students thought that the only fair way to decide whose Alpha-Box Creations were submitted for possible publishing was to hold a contest. Out of 142 entries, we first voted for 19 finalists, and then voted again for these winners!

This popcorn-themed one was created by Ashten,

this tree-themed one by Aleah,

Notice the great artwork on this one by Alexuss,

and this rainbow-themed one by Amelia.

Finally, Alyssa had some intriguing topics.

All our winners' names started with the letter "A"...How's that for coincidence?

by Tori, grade 7 by Amanda, grade 7

RSS

Badge

Loading…

© 2017   Created by Corbett Harrison.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service