Writing Lesson of the Month Network

...sharing thoughtful, mentor text-inspired lessons your students will love!

Here's a special posting page for teachers who have subscribed to our "Common Core-Friendly Vocabulary & Writing Lessons," which you can read about online at my website:  http://corbettharrison.com/products.html#vocab

Here's an open invitation to teachers using my Vocabulary Collecting resources to photograph and share your students' best "Vocabulary Haikus."

As I explain to my wonderful students, a well-designed Vocabulary Cartoon puts the vocabulary word they are collecting into nature-inspired context that can be captured in a simple poem.  In the haiku, the student must must the vocabulary word correctly!  

If you have an awesome student-submitted "Vocabulary Haiku," I invite you to post it here in the reply box below.  I hope to create an amazing online collection of Vocabulary-inspired Haikus from all over the country...and world...with this invitation.  Please share.

If you don't see the "Reply to This" box below this posting, be sure you have clicked on the "+Join Vocabulary Collectors" link in the upper right-hand corner of this screen.  

I look forward to helping you celebrate your writers by having a place to post their haikus.  Please don't post last names, and please don't post any information about your students that might compromise their Internet safety.  THANKS in advance.

Views: 2366

Replies to This Discussion

Another great haiku from one of my boy writers.  Cole's first five syllables are a delight to try and say out loud.  7th grader Cole did a great job with this one, I thought.

Sixth grader--Chris--makes use of the word choleric in a  nature haiku.

Patrick connects to nature with the word dominion.

7th grader Meg's "stinky" haiku.

RSS

Badge

Loading…

© 2017   Created by Corbett Harrison.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service